There is extensive detail about this initiative on the Redbridge Games Network website. I am very much looking forward to supporting this event and celebrating with schools the excellent work that is taking place across in Redbridge Schools.
Whilst the idea has come out of the enthusiasm of the Redbridge ICT team it is not necessary for the idea to be the result of an ICT lesson. In fact, some of the best innovatory practice we have seen has been when technology has been applied successfully to other subject areas. Technology can speed up or slow down time, allow students to model complex systems, to meet and collaborate with people on the other side of the globe, to become the author, the video editor, the presenter in their own learning.
On the RGN website the Learnmeet entries will be judged on the following:
- Impact factor – Number of children who benefited from the project;
- Innovation factor – The innovative way of using technology;
- Learning factor – The quality of learning shown;
- Inspiration factor – Could you inspire other schools to do it too?;
- Wow factor – Make us go wow!